Thursday, May 28, 2009

BU: BB Outrageous Brownies

FINALLY! An excuse to make these gorgeous Outrageous brownies (and no, just to have these delish treats laying around the house for just the two of us isn't a good enough reason to make these!!). I have been drooling on this recipe and the picture since I got the cookbook earlier this year. So Red and I sincerely thank Eva of I'm Boring for such a great recipe selection. We loved this, and so did our friends who got to taste another winning recipe of Ina!


I did not modify this recipe...for once! And I loved how it turned out the way it is. It's very chocolatey, rich, almost fudge-like, and would wow any of your chocohalic-friends. I also made the entire batch using the exact measurement pan that Ina used (because we had two dinners to go to with friends); and this recipe made 20 LARGE brownies. It can easily be cut into 40-standard size brownies. The only "complaint" that I have, if at all, is that I must have used 5 different bowls when making this. A bowl for the chocolate to melt, a bowl for the walnuts and chocolate chips, a bowl for this.... but it was a very minor complaint in comparison to the reward of having this hunk of scrumptious brownies with coffee.

Another reason to love this recipe was that it retained its moisture if you wrap it tightly with a plastic wrap!!! We enjoyed this recipe for the whole week, and we loved it even better 2-3 days later. That's something that I don't normally find in baked goods!

Here's a nod especially to Mollie, my dearest friend, who's currently living in Brazil-- and has recently discovered her hidden passion in baking and cooking. She requested a recipe with easy to find ingredients that she can make from scratch, especially sweets --I hope this one will do it for you, Mol!! Miss you!

9 comments:

Deb in Hawaii said...

These were even better a day or two later. Your brownies look great!

Suzie said...

We really loved this one too - I couldn't believe how much it made. I still have a couple of boxes of it in the freezer. Lucky me!

Ellie said...

I've been wanting to try this recipe, too - yours look amazing!

chocolatechic said...

I didn't add the nuts to mine.

I will be making this again and again.

Elizabeth said...

those look delish! I cut mine into really small pieces since they were so decadent...yum.

Tonya @ What's On My Plate said...

i agree about how long these last! i think it has to do with the fact that they are pretty much ALL butter and chocolate :)

Penny said...

I am eating one for breakfast as I type. Great with coffee. Will worry about the calories later. Yours look so tasty.

Mollie said...

Ahh!!! You are so SWEET my friend (no pun intended!)! I will make you proud and make this next weekend. YUMMM!!!

Eva said...

You share my feelings on this recipe exactly! It was the reason I joined barefoot bloggers and I was amazed no one had chosen it. It was my first choice from the beginning and each month I'd check to see if anyone had chosen it. I was amazed it got to me! Glad you liked it. Hopefully Molly will too.