Thursday, May 14, 2009

BU: BB's Backtracking--Goat Cheese & Tomato Tart


I still have the glow of being a relatively new member of the Barefoot Bloggers. I get very giddy and love the fact that I have found a group of people who will be making the same recipe as I do, and blog about it! (So now Red doesn't have to "suffer" my interrogation as he is enjoying the fruit of my labor..., well not as much!) My friends, who are not *yet* in the blogging world asked: "Wow, so that's neat that you get to chat with other people on their experiences making the same recipe." I nodded excitedly.

The BB has just celebrated its first year anniversary, and we got to vote on our fave recipe. It was very difficult, but I picked the Banana Sour Cream pancakes! Of course, it was so yummy that I wasn't patient enough to take good pictures of the food. I was ready to eat, so there you go. Please check out some of the other member's favorites.



One other new feature that the group has added this month was a "Barefoot Backtracking" where we get to swap one recipe from a previous one already tested, due to whatever reasons. And since May's first recipe is the Tuna Salad, selected by Kate from Warm Olives and Cool Cocktails & we don't have access to fresh tuna, I decided to use my one pass to backtrack for the Goat Cheese & Tomato Tart, selected by Anne from Anne Strawberry.

And... I'm so glad we did! This tart turned out to be a lot heartier than I had anticipated. And being the onion lover that I am, the strong onion flavor in this tart really didn't bother me. So maybe if you don't like onion soup, this isn't quiet the dish for you! But all in all, we really liked this dish!

11 comments:

What's Cookin Chicago said...

Mmm... those look delicious!!

Penny said...

This was one of my favorites too. I found fresh tuna at my grocery store so I reluctantly made the tuna salad. It was wonderful, much to my surprise!

chocolatechic said...

I don't have access to fresh tuna either, so I backtracked.

Unknown said...

I think this would have to be my favorite recipe so far.

Yours looks great.

Melanie said...

Your tarts look beautiful. I'm going to backtrack the brownies later this month and make these. I can't wait to try them.

Tonya @ What's On My Plate said...

I loved this recipe. It's a great one for variations too.

the happy family said...

oh...i wish i had one of these right now!

Elizabeth said...

These look super awesome! I am a goat cheese addict!

BMK said...

This was a great one! Good choice for a back track! Great pictures too!

Ari (Baking and Books) said...

Looks delicious! I'd love to have one of those right about now, with a cool glass of wine.

Eva said...

yeah this is an excellent recipe and easy to tweak for whatever you have on hand. the newbie glow looks great on you! great job!